People & Process Solutions
Position Title: Steward
As Steward you will be responsible for carrying out general cleaning duties to deliver an excellent guest/customer experience. Observing all health and safety guidelines, ensure that all cooking utensils (dishes, pots and pans) floors and disposals containers are cleaned, accounted for and adequately placed and stored.
Key Job Duties
- Carry out general cleaning as directed to include sweeping, mopping, washing up emptying of rubbish bins and boxes ensuring placement in the correct containers, and ensuring bins area is kept clean and tidy
- Clean pots, pans and dishes in accordance with the agreed procedures to maintain a hygienic working environment in accordance with company standards.
- Ensure that the proper handling method is used when cleaning kitchen machinery
- Ensure that the correct personal protective equipment is used at all times.
- Observe safety guidelines when handling hazardous substances and comply with all aspects of Health and Safety requirements.
- Properly store pots, pans, dishes and kitchen machinery once cleaned.
- Report any maintenance and or hazard issues to the Supervisor on Duty
- Maintain regular and prompt attendance at work.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required skills and experience
Proven working experience as a Steward or similar role
Knowledge of health and safety rules in a kitchen
Knowledge of basic food hygiene
A team player with good communication skills
Patient with an ability to stay positive under pressure
Very good physical condition and endurance
Desired qualities and attributes
Pleasant, personable, well groomed, individual.
High School Diploma or equivalent is desirable;
Valid food handling Certificate
The ability to stand and walk for long periods of time and to life more than 40lbs.
Agility, the ability to bend and hand and finger dexterity.
The ability to work within a confined space.
Full-time, Part-time, On-Call, Temporary
This Company is an equal employment opportunity employer.