People & Process Solutions
Position Title: Massage Therapist
The Massage Therapist is responsible for conducting interviews with clients to assess their therapy needs and their eligibility for therapy. Perform a variety of massage therapies including Basic, Swedish, Shiatsu and Hot Stone Massages. Use prescribed and approved techniques to manipulate the soft-tissue muscles of the body to help to remove/ reduce pain, rehabilitate injuries, improve circulation, relieve stress, increase relaxation and the general wellness of clients.
Key Job Duties
- Must be comfortable working with clients one on one and in close physical proximity in a private setting
- Be able to hold honest genuinely helpful face to face discussions with clients
- Must be able to create a soothing environment for the client
- Must be able to make customer feel relaxed
- Must be able to provide the message necessary to alleviate the client’s issue
- Must check in regularly with client throughout to ensure client’s comfort
- Must respect client’s privacy and comfort level
- Stay current with the latest techniques for therapies
- Maintain regular and prompt attendance at work.
- Maintain appointment schedule in a timely manner
- Keep track of regular clients’ progress
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required skills and experience
Proven working experience as an Massage Therapist
Knowledge of basic spa and salon hygiene
A team player with good communication skills
Patient with an ability to stay positive under pressure
Very good physical condition and endurance
Desired qualities and attributes
Pleasant, personable, well groomed, individual.
Certification as an Massage Therapist
The ability to stand and walk for long periods of time and to life more than 40 lbs.
Agility, the ability to bend and hand and finger dexterity.
The ability to work within a confined space.
Full-time, Part-time, On-Call, Temporary
This Company is an equal employment opportunity employer.