People & Process Solutions
Position Title: Mechanical Technician
Experienced Mechanical Technician to work in an industrial maintenance company in Grand Bahama. The core focus of this position is to maintain and ensure the operation of machinery and mechanical equipment. The successful candidate must be safety conscious.
Key Job Duties
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines;
- Must know how to follow diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
- Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Required skills and experience
- Proven working experience as a Mechanical Technician
- Experience in using electrical, pneumatic or manual tools ( etc.)
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents and drawings.
- Knowledge of safety standards and willingness to use protective clothing (face-shield, gloves etc.)
- Have a steady hand and great attention to detail
Desired qualities and attributes
Be a team player
Be well groomed and professional
Be prompt and possess a good sense of time
Have a positive attitude
Certification as a Mechanical Technician a plus
High School Diploma or equivalent
10-12 years experience as a welder is a plus
Proficient in English
The ability to stand and walk for long periods of time and to lift more than 50lbs.
Agility, the ability to bend and hand and finger dexterity.
The ability to work within confined spaces.
This Company is an equal employment opportunity employer.