People & Process Solutions
Position Title: Electrical Engineer
Qualified and experienced Electrical Engineer to join the team of an established company. Must be able to apply knowledge of electricity and materials when evaluating systems, products, components and applications; confirm systems' and components' capabilities by designing test methods and testing properties to ensure the safe use of electricity. The successful candidate must be safety conscious.
Key Job Duties
- Evaluates electrical systems, products, components, and applications by designing and conducting research programs;
- Applying knowledge of electricity and materials.
- Confirms system's and components' capabilities by designing testing methods; testing properties.
- Develops electrical products by studying customer requirements; researching and testing manufacturing and assembly methods and materials.
- Develops manufacturing processes by designing and modifying equipment for building and assembling electrical components; soliciting observations from operators.
- Assures product quality by designing electrical testing methods; testing finished products and system capabilities.
- Prepares product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Provides engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with laws and regulations.
- Keeps equipment operational by following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting repair service.
- Completes projects by training and guiding technicians.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Estimate material, construction and labour costs as well as project timescales
- Coordinate technicians and craftspeople
- Make sure projects meet electrical and construction safety regulations
- Oversee inspection and maintenance programmes
- Attend meetings, writing reports and giving presentations to managers and clients.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Required skills and experience
- Must be a critical thinker and able to work without supervision
- Must be a good listener, problem solver and active learner understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings and models.
- Knowledge of the relevant local and country standards and codes as it relates to electricity and safety.
- Knowledge and ability to direct and train team members.
- Willingness to use protective clothing (face-shield, gloves etc.)
- Have a steady hand and great attention to detail
Desired qualities and attributes
Be a team player
Be well groomed and professional
Be prompt and possess a good sense of time
Have a positive attitude
Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
2-4 years experience a plus
Proficient in English
The ability to stand and walk for long periods of time and to lift more than 50lbs.
Agility, the ability to bend and hand and finger dexterity.
The ability to work within confined spaces.
This Company is an equal employment opportunity employer.