People & Process Solutions
Position Title: Administrative Assistant
A reliable person that will undertake a variety of day to day administrative tasks to ensure that the office operations run smoothly and, successfully support business activities. The ideal candidate will be a hard-working professional who is comfortable working with a high degree of attention to detail and discretion and also with incorporating new and effective ways to achieve better results. The candidate will be highly competent in prioritizing work, working with little supervision, self- motivated and trustworthy. The tasks will be diverse including file management and maintenance, use of QuickBooks to maintain company inventory and accounting records, communicating with customers, use of Microsoft Office Suite to write letters, create/maintain spreadsheets, presentations and reports as well as handling banking transactions.
Key Job Duties
- Greeting and receiving customers and facilitating their request
- Answering the phone, taking and delivering messages
- Manage and organize all office activities
- File management and maintenance
- Payroll processing including preparation and submission of NIB contributions
- Preparation of invoices and sales receipts for customers
- Preparing and completing banking transactions
- Perform basic bookkeeping activities and update the accounting system QuickBooks
- Use Microsoft Office Suite to effectively complete required tasks (emails, letters, various spreadsheets etc.).
- Deal with customer complaints or issues
- Maintain and control office and operational inventory
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required skills and experience
Proven working experience as an administrator/coordinator or similar role.
Knowledge of basic bookkeeping principles and office management systems and procedures.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Analytical ability and aptitude in problem-solving
Organized with the ability to prioritize and multi-task
Outstanding knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and QuickBooks accounting software
Working knowledge of office equipment (printer, scanner etc.)
Sort and distribute communications in a timely manner
Create and update records ensuring accuracy and validity of information
Schedule and plan meetings and appointments
Monitor levels of supplies and handle shortages
Submit timely reports and prepare presentations/proposals as assigned
Assist colleagues whenever necessary
Experience in customer service will be a plus
Desired qualities and attributes
Reliable with patience and professionalism
Pleasant, personable, well groomed, individual.
Ability to work without supervision
High School Diploma a must
Associate Degree in Business Administration / Management is a plus.
Microsoft Office Certification
Knowledge of the Construction Industry is also a plus
The ability to stand and walk for 4 hours minimum at a time.
Agility, the ability to bend and hand and finger dexterity.
Full-time, Part-time, On-Call, Temporary
This Company is an equal employment opportunity employer.